CE is an employment and training programme, which helps long-term unemployed people to return to the workforce by breaking their experience of unemployment through a return to work routine. The programme assists them to enhance and develop both their technical and personal skills which can then be used in the workplace. The CE programme is sponsored by groups who want to benefit the local community, namely voluntary and public bodies involved in not for profit activities.
The NEKD Community Employment scheme is based in the Tralee area and currently has approximately 25 participants filling a variety of roles such as administration, accounts, office support, reception, information provision, research, caretaking, childcare and maintenance of sporting facilities.
Examples of type of work supported:
- The criteria for participating on the Community Employment programme are based on age and length of time in receipt of various social welfare payments.
- In general, the Part-time Integration Option is for people of 25 years or over who are receiving social welfare payments for 1 year or more, and people of 18 years or over in receipt of disability-related payments.
- The Part-time Job Option is for people who are 35 or over and in receipt of social welfare payments for 3 years or longer.
- Certain groups such as Members of the Travelling Community and Refugees aged 18 or over are eligible for both options.
- If you qualify under the criteria but do not wish to take up the option yourself, there are certain conditions under which you can do a spousal swap.
- Please note that eligibility to participate on the Community Employment programme is linked to those in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment (where specified). Those persons not meeting the criteria under the Part-time Integration or Part-time Job Options, or who are signing for credits, or are receiving social welfare benefits from a different country, are not eligible to participate on Community Employment.
- CE vacancies are advertised in the usual local jobsheets etc.
To find out more about the service offered please contact our supervisor
|Supervisor||Pamela Dillane||Tralee||086 firstname.lastname@example.org|